Restylane by Galderma is the original dermal filler, over the years it has gained a solid following in the aesthetic medicine field for dependable and predictable results. Galderma with a strong focus on research and innovation has continued to develop the Restylane range launching products for specific indications. From its launch in 1996, It has become the gold standard of dermal fillers and is the injectable filler that every other filler brand is compared with.
The Restylane family of products are indicated for patients over the age of 21 and includes:
- Restylane® Lyft
- Restylane® Fynesse (no Lidocaine)
- Restylane® Kysse
- Restylane® Refyne
- Restylane® Defyne
- Restylane® Volyme
- Restylane Vital Light (Skin Booster)
- Restylane Vital (Skin Booster)
What's in the box?
- 1 x 1ml syringes
- Restylane is supplied in a disposable glass syringe with a Luer-lock fitting. Restylane is co-packed with a sterilised needle(s) as indicated on the carton, either 30 G x ½" or 29 G x ½". A patient record label is a part of the syringe label. Remove it by pulling the flap marked with three small arrows. This label is to be attached to patient records to ensure traceability of the product
- Restylane is a gel of hyaluronic acid generated by Streptococcus species of bacteria, chemically crosslinked with BDDE, stabilized and suspended in phosphate-buffered saline at pH=7 and concentration of 20 mg/mL
Benefits of Restylane®:
- Fill deeper facial lines and wrinkles
- Restore facial volume and contours
Restylane is indicated for mid-to-deep dermal implantation for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
Prior to treatment, the patient should avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, or high doses of Vitamin E supplements. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
How long does Restylane® last?
Restylane® effects generally last six months and gradually disappears from the body. If you are treated again at 4 ½ or 9 months after your first treatment, Restylane® can last up to 18 months.
- Restylane® and Restylane-L® are for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies. Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is also indicated for injection into the dorsal hand to correct volume loss.
- Restylane® Fynesse is for fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, it is the only product within the line that does not contain Lidocaine.
- Restylane® Kysse is for lip augmentation and for correction of upper perioral wrinkles.
- Restylane® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane® Defyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane® Defyne is also indicated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis (subcutaneous and/or subperiosteal) for augmentation of the chin region to improve the chin profile in patients with mild to moderate chin retrusion.
- Restylane® Volyme is for cheek augmentation and for the correction of midface contour deficiencies.
- Restylane Vital Light (Skin Booster) is designed to improve the skin's quality by boosting skin hydration and increasing its smoothness, elasticity and firmness. Vital Light is intended for more delicate areas such as the neck and décolletage.
- Restylane Vital (Skin Booster) is designed specifically for more mature or sun-damaged skin. Use Restylane® Vital to treat the following areas: Face, lips, hands, neck and décolletage.